
The mosque was built in the 15th
century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Samarkand Darvaza
Street. According to other sources, the mosque contains a hair of the
Naqshbandi saint Ikkash or Akkosh (Ukkosh).
There was once a water source there,
a spring visited by numerous pilgrims.
During Soviet times, the mosque stood dilapidated. It was reconstructed after independence, but almost nothing remains of its former appearance. It is separated from the new road by nine-story buildings.
Photo by Tashkent Retrospective
The State Museum of Timurid History was opened in 1996 on the initiative of President Islam Karimo...

The light-blue nine-story residential buildings with the “Children’s World” store, constructed in ...

In 1870, the military leadership of Tashkent decided to build an observatory. In 1872, a suitable ...
The first regular passenger flight from Tashkent to Almaty opened in May 1924. In the 1930s, the f...