
The building for the Military Assembly was constructed in 1885, and its overall appearance has been preserved to this day. At that time, it served as a club for officers stationed in Tashkent. The building housed the largest auditorium of its time, where amateur performances were staged and touring theaters performed.
A beautiful garden was
laid out nearby, extending to the bank of the Chauli River.
During the Soviet years,
the building housed the Red Army House, and from 1945, it was renamed the
District Officers’ House (ODO). After gaining independence, the building was
transferred to the Central Officers’ House of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic
of Uzbekistan.
In 2013, the Tashkent
State Law University was established in the building. However, Tashkent
residents, out of habit, still refer to both the place and the building itself
as “ODO.”
The remnants of the old
park with large trees and a sculpture of a mountain goat on a stone hill have
survived to the present day.

In January 2025, one of Tashkent’s symbols — our TV tower — turned 40 years old. Originally design...

The beautiful large building on Navoi Avenue was built in 1940 according to the design of architect...

The beautiful building with a semi-circular facade was constructed in 1938 by Moscow architects A. ...
The State Museum of Timurid History was opened in 1996 on the initiative of President Islam Karimo...