
Tashkent residents are well familiar with the three-story brick building with a rounded corner to the left of СUM. It was built in 1920 by architect Leonid Voronin for the “Sredazugol” organization.
In the 1940s–1950s, the Chemical Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute was located here.
Many call this building the “Architecture
Faculty,” as it indeed housed the faculty starting from 1966.
Later, the Architecture Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute became part of the Architecture and Construction
Institute and moved to another building.
Currently, the National Center for Human Rights
of the Republic of Uzbekistan is located here.
The building has been reconstructed, with window
frames replaced by plastic ones, which has spoiled its original appearance.
The Senate building on Islam Karimov Street (formerly Uzbekistan Street) was constructed in the ear...

One of the country’s main concert and ceremonial halls, the “Friendship of Peoples” Palace was ope...

Yunus Khan of Moghulistan (1415-1487) was a gifted man and influential politician. He ruled over Ta...

The building of the former Republican House of Consumer Cooperation (“Uzbekbir lashuv”) was const...