
An unusual cylindrical building for Tashkent, constructed in 1988, visually "holds" the intersection of Yakub Kolos and Amir Temur streets.
The architects of the
12-story tower are S. Paramoshkina, G. Alexandrovich, and E. Momotov; the
engineers are A. Kan and Yu. Kalinin.
The top of the building is
decorated with crenellated shields and somewhat resembles medieval towers.
The building is faced with
yellow tiles and therefore received the popular nickname "kukuruzina"
(corn cob).
The building was
constructed for the computing center of the Railway Administration, but
computing equipment became dozens of times more compact over a couple of decades,
so other departments of the Railway Administration are also housed in the
building.

Once upon a time, the Tashkent railway station, built in 1899 to the design of G. Svarichevsky, was...

The mosque was built in the 15th century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Sama...

Every Tashkent resident is familiar with this abbreviation — TashMI. It has long become not only t...

In the spring of 2011, the Navoi Fair was demolished, and construction of eight seven-story reside...